Welcome!

I'm a confirmed dabbler in all things crafty.

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I hope y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I know my little family had an awesome day. We were invited to a friend's parents house down in Nashville, where we watched football, ate a ton of amazing food and just chatted with a great, welcoming family. In my normal fashion, I asked what I could bring. They said nothing, but I knew I couldn't leave it at that, so I had to come up with a quick thank you gift for them. I have a fondness for wreaths and had seen a bunch on Pinterest, so I thought I'd give one a Christmas one a shot.


This one turned out fairly well, but I wanted to go in a slightly different direction this time. I wanted something a little more modern, not quite so rustic. I only had a few days to put it together, and didn't want to drive across town to Hobby Lobby, so it was Walmart all the way. I got pipe insulation, 3/4", some squares of felt and some yarn. I bent the insulation to make a wreath form and wrapped it in green yarn. Nick mentioned about halfway through the LONG process that it might be a better idea to wrap the form BEFORE you bend it. Because, it was a long, tedious process-I think it took about 1.5 to 2 hours to wrap the whole thing. 
To make felt flowers, I'll save you the tedium of me trying to explain it to you without pictures, because once again, I didn't take any, and add a link. Pinterest Pin for felt flowers, since apparently the site I got it from isn't there anymore. *Note, I did NOT make the scallops in my flowers. 
I glued the flowers on my form, added a spring of coordinating holly berries, and voila! A gorgeous thank you gift for anyone! I will be making one of these for my own front door soon, with white yarn and a chunkier form. *Note, the wreath is hanging on my front door.

1 comment: