Welcome!

I'm a confirmed dabbler in all things crafty.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ah, Fall, how I love thee

So, in my dabbling, I also bake. And that was on the agenda for today. Nick's unit has a turkey fry fundraiser every year, and it's tomorrow. Our section is in charge of bringing dessert, and I enjoy baking, so I thought I'd try out a new recipe. I found it on Pinterest here and was so excited to try it. As much as I say I don't like pumpkin pie, I sure do enjoy my pumpkin recipes! 
So far, I've got two batches out of the oven and my house smells freakin' fantastic! I'm waiting on batch #1 to cool off just a touch more before taste testing it. And....I think they're cool enough. 
It's good, moist and soft, exactly how I like my cookies. You can taste the pumpkin pie spice in it, but it's not what I was expecting. I'll have to see how it tastes with the glaze on them. 
Just as a word of warning, once you turn the oven on, make sure everything that's not heat resistant is off the stovetop. teehee Especially ziplock bags, they don't mix well with heat! 

I was hoping to get the second bow holder done for Wynnie today too, but she slipped on her clingy, don't want to nap pants on apparently, so we'll see how that goes. That's the first one I made, but there's too many adorable bows (which I don't make, by the way) and I have to make another one. The next one will be an 'E', and if I need a third, that'll be a 'B' for her middle name. FYI, her name is Sara Bronwyn, hence the 'S'.

No comments:

Post a Comment